Farm StressNorth Dakota Farmers Union
North Dakota farmers and ranchers are a vital link in our nation’s food supply system.
That vital link comes with a stressful responsibility and gamble: low commodity prices, weather, crop disease, financial worries and regulations all take its toll.
If your friend, relative or neighbor is beginning to show signs, such as loss of focus/motivation, abnormal anger or alcohol abuse, you can help. NDFU has a responsibility to protect North Dakota farmers and ranchers in good times and bad. The following resources can help:
WHERE TO GET HELP:
- If it’s an emergency, call 9-1-1
- For FirstLink Help Line, call 2-1-1
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline (available 24 hours/day), 1-800-273-8255
- NDSU Extension offers resources for dealing with farm/ranch stress
- Abound Counseling at LSSND offers in-person and statewide tele-health counseling services. Payment options including sliding fee, health insurance and no-fee options through LSSND’s Abundant Care fund, (701) 223-1510
- Take a quick mental health screening! Click here!