Employment OpportunitiesBecome part of the Farmers Union Team
Part-Time Tour Guide
North Dakota Farmers Union is seeking friendly and professional Part-time Tour Guides to provide our guests with an exceptional experience while on our tours. In this role, you will be responsible for engaging travelers for the duration of the tour, sharing interesting facts about the tour destination, history of our organization and answering any questions they may have. The successful candidate will also provide helpful tips on other attractions or restaurants in the area that are popular among tourists to help ensure our guests enjoy their stay.
Please email resume to Lisa at email@example.com
Property Risk Specialist
The property Risk Specialist is responsible for handling insurance claims filed by the policyholders. This position plans and schedules work needed to process claims, interviews claimants and witnesses, and will investigate all aspects of the claim. This position also performs risk analysis inspections.
Available in JAMESTOWN & BISMARCK.
Essential Job Functions:
- Must be able to carry and climb a ladder, going onto roofs and other high places
- Must be able to crawl into crawl spaces and other tight confined areas
- Must have a valid driver’s license and the ability to drive to investigate claims
- Inspects properties to analyze risk on new applications and rewritten properties
- Investigate and process insurance claims filed by policy holders
- Interview claimants and witnesses to gather pertinent information
- Handle and process farm, commercial and home insurance claims
- Handle property claims involving damage to buildings and structures, or personal property
- Inspect property damage to determine extent of damages
- Verify that coverage applies through an insurance policy
- Evaluate damages to ascertain compensation amount and consult with various personnel to get expert evaluation
- Examine all written, audio and visual documents to determine how claim should be handled
- Negotiate with claimant to settle claim and issue payout amounts
- Maintain accurate and updated insurance files
- Maintain written procedures for various job functions.
- Other Duties as Assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in MS Office Product.
- Teamwork and collaboration.
- Understanding of insurance policies, practices and terminology.
- Good communication skills – written and verbal.
- Detail oriented and good organizational skills.
- Works with all skill types and levels of personnel.
- Must at all times adhere to company culture and strive for customer service excellence.
Associate degree or equivalent work experience, Bachelor’s degree preferred
Please email resume to Lisa at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Legislative Specialist works to enhance NDFU’s efforts to influence policymaking as guided through the NDFU Policy & Action. This involves conducting research on current and emerging issues, evaluating the effects of proposed legislation, and coordinating communication of NDFU’s advocacy efforts.
Essential Job Duties:
- Reviewing Organizational Policy, State Legislation and Rulemaking
- Review and evaluates state and federal policies and legislation to determine the benefits and impact of any changes that may occur.
- Conduct research on new and emerging policy issues and economic trends. The Legislative Specialist works with the Legislative Committee and coordinates educational opportunities to inform the committee and membership on current issue areas.
- Stay abreast of developments and changes in government and budget processes. This is usually accomplished through conducting research, attending conferences, meetings and seminars, and traveling to program sites when necessary.
- Assist the Government Relations Director with drafting memos, regulatory comments, letters and correspondence with elected officials and state and federal agencies.
- Gathering and Synthesizing Data
- Work closely with the President, Government Relations Director, and Communications Director to gather and anlalyze pertinent data to support NDFU’s policy positions.
- Synthesize data and create relevant charts and graphs for use in NDFU’s communications with members and the public.
- Collaborate with fellow staff members and member leaders in order to achieve a common goal, helping set the priorities through member driven initiatives and providing them with data to support positions
- Communicating internally, externally, and with membership
- Act as a liaison between the Legislative Team and Communications Team to effectively share information about the policies that the grassroots membership has adopted.
- Coordinate the development of the biweekly legislative newsletter and assist Communications Team in developing social media posts and other communications relevant to legislative initiatives.
- Attend meetings with elected officials to help provide the information needed to emphasize the membership’s position on legislative initiatives
- Advise on when issues need the help of other NDFU departments, and help convene meetings of those departments.
- Assist the Member Operations department on appropriate responses to current events and to encourage member engagement.
- Other Duties as assigned
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong oral and writing skills required.
- Strong analytical and research skills. Working knowledge of economics preferred.
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, decision-oriented environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor’s Degree in political science, public policy, public affairs, or related field and experience working with agriculture and/or public policy preferred.