Employment OpportunitiesBecome part of the Farmers Union Team
This position provides administrative support primarily to the Transportation Specialist and supports other staff members as directed. This position is accountable for preparing all travel associated documents for tours arranged by Farmers Union and is the first point of contact for the registration of travel and travel members. This position is also responsible for all tour related payment collection and reconciliation.
- Collect and monitor tour payments, apply checks and credit card payments to appropriate tour spreadsheets, and send confirmation letters to tour participants. Works with accounting to ensure proper payment allocations.
- First point of contact for travel members, travel member questions, tour inquiries on scheduling, travel arrangements, payments, rooms, seating, and all other tour related questions.
- Responsible for developing, cross-checking documents, and verifying each tour; including, but not limited to participant lists, driver logs, hotels, attractions, departure schedules, rooming lists, emergency contacts. Makes deposits and payments and any other travel-related arrangements as required.
- Prepares final travel arrangements prior to trips, final payment request letters, tour information, and carry-on bag and luggage tags, along with any other tour related information.
- Prepares final tour related items; travel escort and driver books, compartment and seat tags, games, bus survey, tour packets with name badges, and tour booklets. Handles cancellations according to proper procedure; including refunding appropriate funds and calling standby lists to fill openings.
- Post tour follow-up with vendors and members.
- Maintains a list of emails and correspondence for each tour and each tour participant
- Each year provides new tour brochures, postcards with upcoming tour announcements, and other associated miscellaneous tour documents
- Each month submit a tour ad for the Union Farmer and North Dakota Living magazine.
- Collaborates with youth department for EPIC bus events and summer camp transportation.
- Miscellaneous duties, including but not limited to, opening and distributing company mail, participating in phone switchboard rotation for answering calls, acting as back up for switchboard when needed.
- Help to educate on and promote Farmers Union Insurance products.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong Communication –verbal and written- skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Teamwork and collaboration- working with co-workers in a positive manner
- Strong attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Ability to organize multiple priorities
- General ability to handle financial transactions
- Problem solving and analytical abilities
- Confidentiality and trustworthiness in dealing with sensitive customer information, i.e. credit card numbers, etc.
Education and Experience Required:
Business degree or High School diploma with experience in an office setting. Must possess a strong knowledge of Excel, Microsoft Office package, and some knowledge of Apple computers and InDesign, or ability to learn.