Camp Opportunities

meet new friends

NDFU provides camp opportunities to young Farmers Union members each summer. More than 1,000 youth participate in cooperative-focused leadership camps annually. Camps are held at two different sites, one near Elgin and the other near Dazey – check out the facilities.

North Dakota Farmers Union provides trained counselors who encourage campers to develop positive and constructive attitudes about their own capabilities through cooperation, teamwork and leadership. Our program and activities are designed to highlight the individuality in all youth. Transportation to and from camp may be provided by NDFU where feasible.

Junior Camp

Senior Camp

Camper Incentive Program

Where are the camps located?

Here are links to camp maps:

Heart Butte Camp

Wesley Acres

What should I bring to camp?
What do you learn at camp?

At North Dakota Farmers Union camps, attendees learn about the cooperative business model by organizing and operating their own store and selling snacks, beverages, and camp souvenirs. Campers are educated on real-life issues affecting their generation through hands-on lessons in:

  • Volunteerism
  • Government
  • Cultural diversity
  • Legislative process
  • Mock trials
  • Patriotism

Campers enjoy a variety of games and activities that round out the camp experience:

  • Swimming
  • Singing
  • Theme nights
  • Sports
  • Dancing
  • Campfires
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does camp cost?

Camp fee is $100 for 3-6 graders and $150 for 7-12 graders.READ MORE

How do I pay for camp and my membership?
Registration is online and payment will be processed through the registration process.


When will I get the bus schedule?
Bus schedules will be locked in seven days prior to camp.READ MORE

Why dosn’t the bus stop in my town?
Bus stops are scheduled based on previous years’ camp attendance.READ MORE

Can my children attend camp if they have allergies?
We can accommodate most allergies.READ MORE

Can my child bunk with his/her friend?

At Heart Butte, the dorms are divided by male and female.READ MORE

What if my child takes medications?

If you child takes any medications, send them along to camp and make sure to list them along with the condition the medication is for when you register.READ MORE

Can my child call home if he is homesick?
When a child is homesick, we usually try to get them involved in an activity to help them have fun and not be sad.READ MORE

Can my child bring a cell phone to camp?
Youth are not allowed to use their cell phone during camp.READ MORE
What does my child need to bring to camp?

Things that your child needs to bring are: pillow, sleeping bag or bedding,READ MORE

How do I cancel my camp registration if needed? Contact NDFU at 800-366-8331 to cancel your camp registration.READ MORE

How can I register for camp if I don’t have access to a computer?
If you are unable to utilize the online registration process, contact the state office at 800-366-8331 and we will assist you.

How can I register for camp if I don’t have a credit card?
If you do not have a credit card, it is possible to purchase a Visa, MasterCard or Discover gift card at Walmart or Target, etc. to use as payment.

Who can register a camper for camp?
Only a parent or legal guardian can register a camper.READ MORE

State Youth Advisory Council
SYAC 2017Back row: Shaun Heier, Riley Lebahn
Front row: Brittney Muske, Heidi Jacob, Sarah Schafer, Shaylyn Lefor




Summer camps, youth vote for representatives to serve on the State Youth Advisory Council (SYAC).

Each member serves as a liaison for the NDFU youth program and helps define issues that impact youth today. The board was elected by their peers during Farmers Union senior camps throughout the summer.

The council meets three times during the year and attend two senior camps the following summer at no cost.