Junior Counselors attend junior camp for free, to assist summer staff with management of camp and campers. Junior Counselors will receive $10 in camp bucks to use at the camp co-op store. To qualify to be a Junior Counselor, you must complete the entire application and must have completed either 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th or 12th grade in May 2018. Apply by June 1, 2018.
DUTIES OF A JUNIOR COUNSELOR INCLUDE:
- Assist all summer staff with assigned responsibilities.
- Exhibit a positive attitude that welcomes an atmosphere of growth, creativity and learning.
- Assist in small and large group education projects.
- Be an example of maturity, leadership and professionalism ini all camp experiences.
- Be open-minded and self-disciplined in all actions.
- Provide all campers with a safe, comfortable and caring environment.
- Act appropriately in all actions and thoughts.
- Abide by the same rules and policies as the summer staff.
- Participate fully in all camp activities.
- Supervise campers on the bus to and from camp.
Learn and grow through the junior counselor experience so that it will further leadership, decision-making, problem-solving and communication skills.