North Dakota Farmers Union Scholarships
A variety of scholarships are available through North Dakota Farmers Union.
- Must be a Farmers Union member
Completed application, essay, grade transcripts, and letters of recommendation must be postmarked by deadline. Applications may be found on this website under Resources/Forms.
North Dakota Farmers Union Scholarship
Each year, scholarships are awarded to first-year or undergraduate students enrolled in a secondary educational facility. Applicants must be pursuing a career important to rural America, but not limited to agribusiness, farm operation or production agriculture.
- Must be a high school senior or college undergraduate
- Farmers Union membership required ($30/yearly)
- Must have at least 2.50 grade point average during the last three years of schooling
Completed North Dakota Farmers Union scholarship application, financial information, letters of recommendation and grade transcript must be returned to North Dakota Farmers Union on or before January 31.
Co-op House Scholarship
Scholarships are awarded to students planning to enroll as freshmen at North Dakota State University. Field of study is not a factor in eligibility.
- Must plan to enroll as a freshman at North Dakota State University
- Must be either a Farmers Union member, relative of past co-op house member or member of a cooperative
- Must have at least 2.50 grade point average during the last three years of high school
Completed Co-op House scholarship application, financial information, letters of recommendation and grade transcript must be returned to North Dakota Farmers Union by March 15.
Farmers Union Industries Foundation Stanley Moore Scholarship
Several $1,500 scholarships are awarded to be used for tuition and books.
- Open to Farmers Union members and their children
- Any high school senior, college student or non-traditional student seeking funding to attend either a two or four-year accredited college, university or technical school for any area of study
- Academic record of student
- Social and community activities
- Essay or oral speech (video)
For applications contact:
Alexandria MN 56308
April 21, 2015 deadline.
National Farmers Union Foundation:
Each year one or two scholarships will be awarded ranging from $1,000 to $2,000 total.
All applications must be postmarked on or before March 5, 2015, to be considered.
NFU Foundation's Stanley Moore Scholarship
National Farmers Union annually awards several $1,000 scholarships for tuition and books to any high school senior, college student or non-traditional student seeking funding to attend a two or four-year accredited college, university or technical school for any area of study. The NFU Foundation's Stanley Moore scholarship is awarded based on the recipient's academic achievement, social and community involvement, an essay, and phone interview.
Cenex Harvest States Foundation Scholarships
The CHS Foundation offers a scholarship program for universities offering agricultural-related majors. The CHS Foundation grants up to $1000 to innovative academic and leadership programs that strengthen learning and development.
- High school scholarship program - Graduating high school seniors pursuing an ag major at any two-or four year colleges throughout the nation are encouraged to apply for one of 50 $1,000 scholarships.
- Two-year college program - First year ag students at any two-year college are invited to apply for one of 25 $1,000 scholarships from CHS.
- University scholarship program - Students studying agriculture at any university around the nation may be eligible to apply for nearly 150 $1,000 scholarships that are awarded each year.
To fill out scholarships online: www.chsfoundation.org/scholarshipprog.html
Each year, scholarships are awarded to Farmers Union Torchbearers. In the fall, applications are sent from the state office directly to ALL ELIGIBLE AND QUALIFYING TORCHBEARERS.
- Must be receiving Torchbearer award at the upcoming Farmers Union State Convention
- Must have at least 2.50 grade point average
Completed application and personal recommendations must be returned by Nov. 30 to North Dakota Farmers Union.
Submitting your application
Applications for the North Dakota Farmers Union, Co-op House or Bergman Scholarships should be returned by the appropriate date to:
North Dakota Farmers Union
PO Box 2136
Jamestown ND 58402-2136
or for more information call
800-366-8331 ext. 102
All other scholarship applications should be requested and returned to the address listed on the scholarship application.
Tri-Energy Co-op scholarship
Tri-Energy Cooperative in Bismarck also offers scholarships. More information and the scholarship application form may be accessed at their website.