Every legislative session, the NDFU Legislative Team and members track, lobby and testify on bills that are of concern to members based on our Program of Policy & Action.
Our primary focus during the 65th Legislative Assembly was agricultural, economic and social policies. We especially focused on:
- Upholding the state’s current Corporate Farming Law
- Defending the need for state agricultural research
- Monitoring funding for state programs that provide quality of life and education for rural areas
- Advocating for landowner rights and improved reclamation practices
- Protecting current property tax relief in North Dakota
Read NDFU’s 2017 Legislative Report.