North Dakota Cooperatives
Cooperative business and Farmers Union: partners in agriculture.
From farm supply, marketing and processing, cooperatives are an essential component of North Dakota’s agricultural economy. The partnership between North Dakota Farmers Union and state cooperatives is built to last.
NDFU Annual Meeting Information
State cooperatives support North Dakota Farmers Union by honoring a five percent contribution to education and a dues check-off established by the founding members of each cooperative. This funding supports a diverse range of services that foster the continued success of agriculture and cooperatives in North Dakota:
Education and Development
- Strategic planning sessions, focus meetings and board retreats.
- Advocacy leadership for family farm agriculture.
- Cooperative director, manager and employee training.
- Consumer education on a local, state and national level.
- Educational bus trips to state and regional cooperative facilities.
- North Dakota Farmers Union summer camping program (grades 3-12).
- Cooperative-themed projects.
- Local day classes and activities on cooperative education (grades 1-12).
- Award trips and recognition for youth.
- Adult education and training on cooperatives and leadership.
- Quentin Burdick Center for Cooperatives at NDSU.
Advocacy and Political Action
- Legislative representation on the state and national level.
- Cooperative promotion and publicity on a local, state and national level.
- A voice in federal regulatory proposals.
- Policy development and research.
Cooperative Support Services
- Communications (printing brochures, newsletters, posters, forms, envelopes, business cards, more).
- Ag information through the North Dakota Union Farmer, NFU News and NDFU legislative newsletter.
- Audit presentations.
- New generation co-op development.
- Informational meetings.
- Young Producer events.
Co-op Partners of North Dakota Farmers Union
American Crystal Sugar Company
CHS Member Services
Dakota Farms Natural Beef
Dakota Pride Cooperative
Farm Credit Services
Farmers Union Insurance
Land O Lakes
Minn-Dak Growers, Ltd.
National Farmers Union
ND Association of Rural Electric Cooperatives
ND Association of Telecommunications Cooperatives
ND Credit Union League
North Dakota Department of Agriculture
Pride of Dakota
Quentin Burdick Center for Cooperatives
United States Dept. of Agriculture