Services & ProgramsNorth Dakota Farmers Union
When you become a Farmers Union member, you benefit from a variety of services. NDFU offers training, consulting and education on a number of topics, including:
- Cooperative education (function, history and relevance)
- Current issues impacting agriculture and rural communities
- Grassroots organizing and advocacy training
- Policy development
- Strategic planning (county and co-op boards)
You and your family also have the opportunity to be engaged in a variety of events and activities at the local and state level:
- Youth camps and day classes
- County conventions and county-sponsored activities
- State convention and social gatherings
- Policy development
- Fly-in participation to Washington, D.C.
- Bus tours in the U.S. and abroad
- New member programs
- Young producer activities
- Women’s events
How to Get Involved at NDFU
Workshops and events
NDFU hosts many workshops and events each year like the Precision Ag conference in January and the Women in Leadership Development (WILD) gatherings. Check the online calendar for specific activities in your county and statewide or call us to get involved!
Grow to Lead
North Dakota Farmers Union hosted the first session of the Grow to Lead program in January 2015. New county officers are invited to participate in the two-year program that is designed to provide hands-on leadership experiences and hone skills. To be eligible for the program, participants must serve on a county board (0-5 years cumulatively). There is no age limit. For a fee of $100 per year, individuals commit to attending three events including an international trip. For more information, contact Amanda Martin at 800-366-8331 ext. 129 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Community Stewards program encourages NDFU members to become active citizens within their community. The program allows participants to apply for a $500 donation to be made to a nonprofit organization within their community. Participants must host an event in conjunction with the donation of funds. For more information, contact Mary Mertens at 800-366-8331 ext. 130 or email@example.com.