Employment OpportunitiesBecome part of the Farmers Union Team
Software Engineer & Data Architect
The Software Engineer & Data Architect will design and develop technical solutions that satisfy business requirements for function, performance, security, and maintainability. The successful candidate will be a thought leader in the area of software engineering with a passion for innovation, and a keen eye for new opportunities. They will also understand the big system picture and be able to solve complicated problems within those systems. The Software engineer & Data Architect is a great team player with a humble foundation, and a hunger to grow both themselves and our company.
- Work closely with our internal customers to understand how their business functions and how technology can support.
- Creatively discuss solutions with stakeholders that solve business challenges and deliver ROI.
- Create the necessary documentation to support the business solution including the design, architecture, and estimates (work effort and timelines).
- Develop software solutions based on the solution artifacts.
- Test and deploy the solution.
- Train and educate customers.
- Effectively communicate with all stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Understanding of various development frameworks, technology stacks, and toolsets such as, but not limited to, Net, LAMP, Java, Drupal, etc.
- Familiarity with cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS, Google and Private Clouds.
- Data analytic solutions that support multi-source datasets and leverage ETL processes, data warehouses, and OLAP/MDA.
- Machine learning, the blockchain, and other emerging technologies.
- Deep understanding of waterfall and agile development models including pros/cons of each.
- Organized and detail-oriented, able to work well under deadlines in a changing environment and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
- Commitment to success and driven to exceed expectations.
- Ability to be a strong team player.
- Results-oriented; strong ability to execute large initiatives with multiple stakeholders.
- Commitment to company values.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an IT focused enterprise environment.
- Preferred 3 years of P&C experience.
Working Conditions: Office based Jamestown ND. Statewide travel expected.
Please forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.